A brief intro about myself
I am Rohit Kaushik (kaushik on IRC) from Delhi, India. I am currently pursuing B.E Computer Science at BITS Pilani, Goa. I am interested in Software Engineering, Machine Learning and Research. I usually spend my free time playing badminton, cricket or listening to music.
Last year, I worked on implementing Todoist for GNOME To Do and this time again I will be working on GNOME To Do, improving the two plugins that I wrote earlier and implementing newer features. I am grateful to GNOME and my mentor feaneron for giving me this opportunity.
About the Project
The project is aimed at improving todo.txt and Todoist error-free and support all the features of To Do. At the end of the project, we wish to have both the plugins in a usable and bug-free state. I am outlining the current list of task that I have planned to work on but any other suggestions are very much welcomed
Improvements to todo.txt plugin
- Improve the parser and make it usable and bug-free
- Add support for missing features, i.e list background colour, notes, subtask support
- Handle edge cases in syntax parsing
- Document the todo.txt syntax
Improvements to Todoist plugin
- Move it outside GNOME Online Accounts – Currently Todoist uses GOA, for maintaining Todoist accounts and we wish to remove this dependency and have a login panel in To Do which manages user accounts.
- Automatic synchronization of tasks and lists
- Handling network loss and other failing cases.
I will keep this blog updated with the work in progress. If you have suggestion, please feel free to add them in comments or send me a mail.
Looking forward to a great Summer.
Rohit Kaushik: Working on GNOME To Do this Summer
Source: Planet Gnome