With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser. It’s crafted from the ground up for web designers and front-end developers.
Live Preview: When one clicks the respective code snippet in CSS/HTML the web browser immediately shows the output relating to that code snippet in web browser. This feature is termed as Live Highlight.
Split view feature splits the main view into 2 parts. User can split view either vertically or horizontally as per one’s own convenience, thus allowing user to work on 2 files at same time.
- Quick Edit
- Quick Docs
- Live Preview
- LESS support
- Theseus integration
- Extension Support
Changelog of current version:
- Reverse inspect in Live Preview: Brackets 1.9 ships with Reverse-inspect in Live Preview. Now clicking on an element in Live Preview highlights the corresponding tag in the source code.
- Support for “Replace All” action in Find & Replace: Brackets now supports “Replace All” in Find & Replace along with batch operation.
- Download count display and extension sorting based on download count: Extension Manager now displays download count for listed extensions. Extensions can be sorted based on download count or published date in ‘Available’ and ‘Themes’ tab.
- Mode toggle in Untitled document: Language mode can be toggled for Untitled documents. Code coloring and Code Hints for the selected mode are also supported for Untitled documents.
- Document toggle in split view: Focus can be swapped between panes using keyboard shortcut.
- Github organization support for Brackets extensions: Github organizations can now own brackets extensions. All public owners of organization can update extensions.
Brackets: A Great Code Editor For You? Find Out By Yourself